OK, I know as future educator we should use proper English, but we all are going to make mistakes. With all the assignment's we have this semester and our other classes we are bound to make an mistake here and there. This shouldn't be used as an excuse. The reading should be looked as constructed criticism. Yes it embarrassing to know that what we are writing, a third grader can spot errors. We should try to remember (especially online) to use proper English.
Karl Fisch's "Did You Know?"
I thought Karl Fisch's "Did You Know" video was interesting. The video showed facts about how technology, in the next few year or so, will control everyday life. I realize how much our economy has change and how more technological depend we are. The numbers are indeed fascinating, and honestly, the information is tremendous. All the technology we are learning now will be outdated in the next few years.
We are preparing students for jobs that doesn't exist. Everyday they are improving or creating new technology. I find the new technology that we are using today very interesting (even thought sometime I hate it because I can't figure out). Make you wonder how will human life be in next 20 years?
Mr. Winkle Wakes
I thought the video was neat. The video showed Mr Winkle waking up to realize that the world as he knew had change. Mr Winkle walk around to see that technology is used every where except one place, school. He felt comfortable at school because technology hadn't been utilized there.
At first I thought the video was about anti technology in schools, but then thought of how school are trying integrating technology into the curriculum today. I think the message of the video was that we can't sleep on technology, because when you do wake up you will be lost and confused. We have to continue to learn and grow as the world changes.
The Importance of Creativity
I think it is very to focus students creativity. If we destroy this then we are destroying the world. In today's society, schools focus on test scores and subject such as math and English. I never really realized the this until i watched this video. We teach our students from an early they should focus on test scores, instead of art and music. Students are discourage not to focus on music or art, but testing because funding depends on test score not creativity.
Due to budget cut, programs such as music and art not funding and this is hurt our students. As future teacher have to find way of incorporating music and art into classroom time in order to keep students creativity alive.
Harness Your Students' Digital Smarts
This video was a great way to show as future teacher we should expose our students to the world through technology. Students should have the opportunity to meet and communicate with other students around the world. Through the use of technology students will experience different cultures, that would be ordinarily read about in a book. I like that Mrs. Davis created digiteen and flat classroom project website in which students could interact with their peer as well as their teachers.
In the video Mrs. Davis required her student's to google terms and teach other students through cooperative learning. I thought that was great way of teaching student how to research and learn from others. If you teach a student basic understanding of applications and their function, when they encounter an application that they have never used then they will have the foundation to figure it out. We have to understand that technology is the future and we have to join the technology wagon or be left behind.

The point you made about 3rd graders is an important one. We all make mistakes. Proofreading helps. Be sure to proofread what you write. You have several grammatical errors in your post that could have been identified in a careful proofreading.
ReplyDeleteAnd now a comment on your content. I think you have correctly identified the major issues raised in these videos. Change is all around us. If we fail to change we will fail our students. If we are creative and embrace change perhaps there will be a better future for our students.
Shante,
ReplyDeleteI agree with you about the video with Mr. Winkle Wakes. We are trying to integrate technology into the school system but with lack of funds it is hard. I know when I was doing my block they had some people donate computers but they were so out of date. I'm not sure about classrooms today. I hope Mobile County Public Schools are getting at least one computer in each classroom so they can stay up to date on the technology today.